Position: Genetic Support Specialist
Contact: [email protected]
Reports To: Sales & Cooperative Support Manager
Description: To coordinate Accelerated Genetics’ Genetic Connections program as well as develop a genetic analysis program that supports our customer’s individual herd goals. Provide genetic sales support and assist with training of customers and sales team members.
· Responsible for the management of Genetic Connections programs: GEM, IMAGE, and Genetic Analysis.
· Support users of Genetic Connections, Regional Program Specialists and distributors, and how to use the program for sales success.
o Provide on-going training Genetic Connections users in growing sales volume, measuring results and supporting the innovation and development of the overall Genetic Connections program.
· Assist management to ensure the genetic development of the GEM and IMAGE mating tools and Genetic Analysis tool are current to industry standards, trends and the programs have the latest tools to help customers reach their goals.
o Analyze market trends and develop programs or tools to meet those trends.
· At minimum, manage 10 to 15 herds for the genetic development and management within area utilizing the Genetic Connections programs: GEM, IMAGE and Genetic Analysis, to keep abreast of the platform, dairy cattle evaluation standards and on-farm customer service:
o Provide genetic consulting, assist with sire selection and ensure customers genetic and profitability goals are met
o Provide timely genetic consulting information to customers and sales team members when necessary
o Immediately communicate issues occurring on customer’s farms to sales team to thorough follow up
o Assist with the genetic programs portion of large account bids for area
o Utilize dairy management software (ie. DairyComp 305, PC Dart, etc.), to support genetic and reproduction consulting needs in area
· Assist in developing key account strategy and the preparation of bids to achieve sales objectives with the sales managers
· Provide new employee and on-going training to sales team on using Genetic Connections programs for sales success
· Education of Genetic Connections programs and related topics at local/area team meetings and/or customer events
· Plan and carry out regular visits to key areas of the country in coordination with our Sales Manager’s to support their customers and sales team.
· Represent Accelerated Genetics at educational events, trade shows and conferences.
· Stay educated and versed on events happening within the Accelerated Genetics, dairy genetics and the dairy industry.
· Write articles for internal Accelerated Genetics publications (ie. e-newsletters, website, etc.) and national dairy magazines (ie. Hoards Dairyman, Progressive Dairyman, etc.).
· Perform other duties and assignments as directed by the Sales and Cooperative Support Manager.
· Extensive dairy cattle evaluation knowledge
· Dairy management software experience (ie. Dairy Comp305, etc.)
· Solid communication and presentation skills
· Results driven, self-starter, project coordinator
· Microsoft Office knowledge
· Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science (dairy) or related course
· 2-3 years of dairy cattle evaluation
· Based out of Accelerated Genetics Administrative Headquarters in Baraboo, WI
· Hours may vary and will require evening and some weekend work depending on business needs.
· Travel will be required.
Please submit your resume to [email protected]